Elmer the Patchwork Elephant ,written by David McKee, is a darling book for toddlers that includes a very colorful elephant character who loves to play practical jokes and is happy! If you are thinking about a party theme that involves both a circus and a color theme for your baby or toddler, Elmer the Patchwork Elephant may be just the inspiration you need to pull together a fun party for this age.
Elmer the Patchwork Elephant Party Ideas
- Of course, create an Elmer the Patchwork Elephant Invitaiton by cutting out an elephant shape and having your child color the cutout in a patchwork of colors. On the reverse side, write your part details.
- For your party decorations, it’s all about a patchwork of color. Use bright, bold colors for your party balloons, streamers, tableware.
- Place a large Elmer the Patchwork Elephant on your front door welcoming the guests to your party.
- Upon arrival, have the kids create their own Elmer the Patchwork Elephant on a large white sheet using paint. Hang up this Elmer Tapestry after it is completed for an additional party decoration.
- Any party ideas that revolve around color will go quite well with Elmer the Elephant.
- Read the book.
- Patchwork Hunt. Send the kids on a hunt for colorful tokens. Give them 2 minutes to find as many as they can and hand out prizes when the time is up.
- Play a series of practical jokes on your party guests throughout the party as Elmer would do.
- For your party menu, use an Elephant cookie cutter to cut out sandwiches, gelatin Jigglers, and brownies. Serve Elmer Elephant Trail Mix with colorful chocolate candies mixed into the granola.
- Send the kids home with elephant printable pages and a small box of crayons.
Elmer makes a great gift idea as well, for the preschool set, and Amazon has all the Elmer merchandise you could want.