What a great party idea, especially if this is a slumber party for older school-aged kids, i.e 10 years old and up. Everyone is gathering at your home for fun, and glow in the dark can add some unique twists and turns to your party. Check out these ideas:
Invitations: Make your invitation using black construction paper and glow in the dark paint or markers. This will kick it off. Or, if you are hand-delivering your invitaitons, attach your invitation card to a glow in the dark necklace or bracelet that the kids where to the party.
Decorations: Decorate your party area with black and lime green balloons, streamers, and partyware. Place glow in the dark stickers on the plates, napkins, and cups for additional decoration. Purchase a disco ball for added effect.
- Make a glow in the dark T-shirts using black T-shirts and glow in the dark paint.
- Make glow bracelets using glow beads.
- If girls are spending the night, have them give each other manicures and pedicures using glow nail polish.
- Play flashlight tag with the glow sticks.
- Use a glow in the dark ball to play relay races or Hot Potato.
- Play Glow in the Dark Bowling: Use glow in the dark paint and paint one- or two-liter soda bottles. Use a heavier ball to knock the pins down.
- A ring toss game with glow Frisbees and paper towel tubes.
- Use glowing face paints to paint their faces with.
- Paint stars with glow paint and hang them from the party room ceiling (or do this as a decoration).
Food: Make chocolate cupcakes with lime green icing, sorbet with 7-Up for fizz, and serve sandwiches under a black light and watch it glow! Anything else will suit this party and be fun.
Favors: Send the kids home with their glow T-shirts, bracelets, necklaces, and glow sticks. This will keep them glowing well into the next day!