Recently, I got my fairy tales confused! The Princess and the Pea and The Princess and the Frog are two different tales. Perhaps you would like a refresher too. If you are interested in The Princess and the Frog, the story in a nutshell goes like this:
The frog fetches the Princess’ golden ball on the condition that she allow him to sleep with her for three nights. After the frog retrieves the golden ball, the Princess does not like the frog and runs away. Still, the frog finds her and insists that he eat and sleep with her for the next three days. During this time, the Princess begins to like the frog. After the third night, as if by magic, the Princess wakes up to find the frog is now a handsome prince, as he has broken his spell with her help!
If this is a Princess theme that interests your kid, here are some party ideas to help match the story:
- Fill a wading pool with all sorts of toys, and have a golden ball among them. Blindfold the kids, turn them around a few times, and have them find the ball.
- The story is about making promises and keeping them with your friends. Have the kids make friendship bracelets with beads and string as a sign of friendship among one another.
- This is also a magical story, as the frog turns into a prince after the third night. Hire a magician to put on a show for the kids at the party. If the entertainer can do animal tricks, particularly with frogs, this would be an added bonus for your theme!
- Play Pass the Frog as you would Hot Potato.
- Have a Leap Frog Relay Race.
- Make lily pads out of green foam paper and play Musical Lily Pads.
- Also use these lily pads for a bean bag toss. Have the kids throw small frogs onto the lily pads.
- Make frog visors. Purchase plastic visors, and have the kids decorate them with googly eyes and markers.
- Frog umbrellas could be an ideal party favor. Other ideas are little plastic frogs, gummy frogs, Beanie Baby frogs, pencils, erasers, notepads with frogs on them, golden bouncing balls, etc.
Now that I have my fairy tales straight, I hope this theme is lots of fun for your princess and her frog!