With Buzz Lightyear and Woody and the whole host of familiar childhood toys that come to life in the infamous Toy Story movie…you can imagine so many kids would love to make their own toy story at their next birthday party. If so, let’s look at some ideas to bring it to life.
Buzz Lightyear can be a theme in and of itself, and, of course, added to general Toy Story ideas:
- For decorations, you can definitely find Toy Story party and table ware to decorate your table and room, but you could also use primary colors for the same affect. Have the favorite toys from the movie lying around the party table and room. Cut out large planets and moons and place them around the room as well. Balloons and streamers in the same color theme also works well.
- Purchase styrofoam rocket ships and when the kids arrive, have the kids use paint, glitter glue, and stickers to decorate their rockets as an opening craft activity.
- This is a great party to hire a Rocket Moon Bounce for the kids to jump in. They will really have fun blasting off just like rockets.
- Another idea is to hire a Buzz Lightyear Entertainer to entertain the kids. If you do not want to professionally hire an entertainer, you can always rent the costume and have an adult helper dress up and entertain the kids. Buzz could have the kids doing all sorts of “get strong” activities from jumping jacks to being lead through an obstacle course that you set up.
- Make your own big Rocket using a large appliance box.
- Have the kids find “Moon Rocks” in the party area…wrap candies in tin foil for the rocks.
- Make Buzz Lightyear green belts. Cut out green material large enough for a belt around a child’s waist. You can add a pocket in the front of the belt if you like. The kids can decorate their belts with cut out planets and moons that the kids can stick on. Use velcro to secure the belt. The kids can receive these after completing the obstacle course, and can collect the Moon Rocks in the pocket.
- Find a picture of Zurg and blow it up to poster-size, have the kids use water pistols to defeat Zurg!
- Launch a toy rocket!
- Have the kids assemble their own Mr. and Mrs. Potato Heads using a balloon on a stick. They can decorate these with stickers of different facial features, i.e. nose, lips, glasses, etc.
- Play Pin the Sheriff’s Badge on Woody
- Play Musical Toy Story Squares. Print pictures of the Toy Story Characters, enlarge them and paste them on to foam squares to be used in this game. Of course, play the music from Toy Story!
- Kids can take home the rocket ship craft they made, their belts, and some other Buzz Lightyear stuff, i.e. notepad, pencil, stickers, bubbles, Milky Way candies, etc.